Tuesday 23 September 2014

A Week Of Crochet And.... Caterpillars

Hello Lovelies!
How are you all doing?
I'm doing great and just wanted to pop by and say a quick "HELLO". :-)
The sun is out and shining here in Stuttgart, that certainly lifts my spirit!
Over the past week or so I've been full of creativity and have had a rather sudden burst of enthusiasm when it came to my project making.
Last week I decided to start working on another spiral cushion (Pattern here) and loved how quickly I managed to get this beauty together. It took me a couple of afternoons to make and really quenched my desire for a quick, no fuss project.


Of course I had a little photo session once it was finished. Here it is joined up with my other spiral cushion looking rather comfortable together as a set of matching cushions.


Rehearsals have calmed down at work and so having a few extra hours of free time is splendid. 
Of course I fill my extra time with my crafting, but also love to potter around on the balcony at home. 
I love going out onto the balcony and checking the progress of the plants and flowers I have planted. 
The other day I was rather surprised to see that something had been munching the leaves of my Clematis. We're not talking a little nibble, but more of a banquet!


After some close inspection I found this rather jolly fella lurking under one of the leaves. He looked rather content and his belly must definitely be full (judging by the state of my plants). 
He's rather cute and so I'm going to let him continue to munch on my plants. I'll keep track of him and have a look every now and then to see how he's coming along. I wonder what he's going to transform into? I hope a rather magnificent and colourful butterfly! 
  

In other crafting news.... I've been writing up a tutorial for Granny Squares!!
I know there are lots of patterns and tutorials online for the basic square, but I've also had a lot of requests and so thought I'd take a few snaps and jot down the pattern that I like to use. It'll be with you in the next days, for those of you that want it as a handy reference. 


As well as the granny square tutorial, I've started working on another granny square blanket.


I'm enjoying it tremendously, there is something rather soothing about working on hundreds of little squares.


It's going to be a blanket for my Nan, as a gift for Christmas.


I'm making a granny square blanket for my Granny!!! I find that kind of funny and a little ironic!
I'll keep you updated on my progress and share my little variation of the pattern once it's developed a little further!


I do hope you are all having a lovely week!?

This post has moved!
You can read an updated and revised version on our new blog.

Click here to read this post in full at it's new home!

9 comments:

  1. Matt, those squares look great, love the colours....I hope you are dealing with the ends as you go!! I am working on an old woo where no ends have been dealt with :( xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I'm not mistaken, your caterpillar will turn into a beautiful Swallowtail.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love images of granny square stacks. They are like towering works of art. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are very kind to let that caterpillar continue to eat your vines! But I guess the flowers are over? Your granny is going to be thrilled with that blanket! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving the colors on the granny squares! I'm making one for my home with this yarn that is colored with yellow and different shades of grey. Very fast to work because you don't have to change the yarn :)

    Emmi L.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope that the worm is a beautiful butterfly ... but also enjoy beautiful plants, right? hahaha! his granny squares are great! I'm sure it will be a beautiful blanket! I hope you have a great week! Happy crocheting! Kisses from Catalonia!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The cushions are beautiful, and I want to try it.
    I definitely like to read your blog. Too much ideas and not enough time, but great pics to see and a happy day with it.
    You are right about granny squares, simple to make but I always teach that to people....
    I am looking for next posts.
    Miss

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh pretty!
    Granny squares are so fun to make! They are quick, and so cute too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment!