Monday 27 October 2014

Autumn Walks and Wild Flowers

Hello there!!
A big thank you for all of the lovely comments I received on my last post. It really means a great deal hearing from each and everyone of you! 
Today was a truly magnificent day! An Autumn day with a rather fresh breeze and a glorious dose of sunshine. Nothing I enjoy better than a clear blue sky and a strong fresh air to clear my mind. 

Instead of heading into the city (as I usually do on my day off), Dennis and I decided to go for a nice long walk, armed with our cameras. 

It was rather tremendous! With the sun shining and the leaves changing shades and falling from the trees, everything appeared to be gleaming a rather yummy caramel colour. 


The ducks were splashing about, enjoying the day as much as I was! 


With a little exploring the dried out remains of Summer could still be found.


We spotted the crisp remains of the sunflower fields, along with glimpses of dried out corn that hadn't been harvested. That shade of yellow is rather amazing, like gem stones! 


Yes the remains of Summer could be seen! But Autumn was bringing it's own fresh delights. 
Bright magenta berries...


Vibrant flowers....



and nothing reminds me more of Autumn than a big bold pumpkin!


It was a lovely walk, it really was!
On our way home we stopped of at a field close to out apartment. It is a flower field, where you can cut your own bunches of flowers and pay for the flowers you have cut. A rather fabulous idea, if you ask me!


There was a knife lying at the entrance of the field so you could easily chop the flowers you so desired.


Despite it being colder, there were still a lot of very gorgeous flowers growing in the field!





Dennis and I picked a small bunch of pretty flowers and placed our money in the slot at the entrance to the field. 


What a beautiful bunch of flowers we have! So vibrant, with great variety to the different types of flowers. Far better than buying from the supermarket!


They look rather lovely at home and bring a warmth to the darkening days.



I'm a big fan of this time of year,  even if it makes me feel like hibernating under my duvet all day long!!!
Hope you are all having the most glorious Autumny week! 

This post has moved!
You can read an updated and revised version on our new blog.

Click here to read this post in full at it's new home!

11 comments:

  1. Greetings from Seattle, Matt. Your photos are beautiful. I always enjoy your blog and your crochet projects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a neat idea to pick your own little posy!!! A walk in nature will always top a trip into town for me!!!! It revives the soul!!!! Have a happy and creative week!!!
    Love
    AMarie
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous photos and I so love the white of your apartment with the bright colours against that backdrop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely day in the woods and fields, my favorite kind!
    And 'pick your own flower fields' are the best—beautiful blooms!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the cut your own flowers idea! They are very pretty. Autumn is my favorite season...such a cozy time of year. Here in Central Texas we don't get much of an autumn though. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Matt! What a lovely walk! I really enjoyed looking at your colourful flower photos, well captured! What a great idea to cut your own flowers!!! :) Hope you continue enjoying Autumn, here in Belgium the weather is going up and down, yesterday we were back to almost 20 degrees, today it was only 11! Did you find any inspiration for more crochet projects? I'm feeling mega inspired at the moment! Besides crocheting a huge Harlequin blanket I'm also working on a colourful shawl and today I started on a Queen Anne's Lace Scarf (All will be mentioned in my next blog post!).
    I have many new ideas... alas not enough time!!
    Enjoy your week!
    Ingrid xx
    http://myfunkycrochet.blogspot.be

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous pictures Matt and the cut your own flowers idea is fantastic ... I'm trying to take better picture for my blog so i really enjoyed your post about taking better pictures. Which camera do you use ??? Sorry if you already mentioned it on your post I can go check it again . Beautiful pictures as always. I'm a fan.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea! Lots of flowers still left here in France too!

    Penny
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Blessed to be living in such beautiful surroundings....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your photos are incredible, what kind of camera are you using?! Please continue to inspire us all!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment!