Thursday 26 February 2015

Darker Than Normal

Hello Lovelies! 
How are you all doing?
Over three whole weeks since I last posted.....sorry about that.
I've been crazy busy at work and occupying my free time with some behind the scenes blogging. I'm hoping I can show you what I've been working on within the next couple of weeks, but until then, I'm keeping it all rather hush hush. I'm excited about how my secret blogging project is progressing and can't wait to share all with you very soon. 

Today I thought I'd share some lovely, bright and vibrant pictures that I took last week. Pictures of tulips that I picked up from the florist down the road. I love the warmth from these pictures, as they make me feel all giddy about the thought of Spring creeping around the corner. 


Not normally one to moan, but I'm feeling the need for Springtime or at least a spot of sunshine.
I like to think of myself as a happy person, but every now and then the blues get the better of me and I end up feeling a tad glum for no reason at all (especially during this time of the year).


It's my need for sunshine and warmth that draws me towards bright happy objects like these tulips. They help lighten my mood when it's feeling heavier and darker than normal.

Colour lifts my mood.


Writing this post also reminds me how much my blog lifts my mood. I get a huge amount of happiness from working on my blog and thank you all for encouraging me to continue with my blogging.


When I feel glum, I don't often feel like sitting at my laptop and blogging. I guess that's why I haven't blogged in some weeks.
It's a funny feeling, Similar to when I can't be bothered to go to the gym, but when I finally do, I feel great for it afterwards.
When I'm blue, blogging seems like handwork. However, when I finally make the effort to get back to it, I realise just how good it makes me feel.  I also realise how much I've missed interacting with you all.

Blogging and sharing, lifts my mood.


It's a strange post today, more like a diary entry.
What I'm getting at though, is thats it's important to find your happy place. Especially on those days when your mood it feeling gloomier than normal.

Find your happy outlet..... a boost of colour, some interaction with like minded people, a good work out at the gym, a good ol' crafty project or simply a bunch of tulips.

What ever you need to lift your mood.


What brings you back to your happy place? Once you know the answer to that question, I urge you not to forget it. Ask that question when you next feel a tad down and remind yourself of your answer.

What lifts your mood? for me.....a spot of blogging and a bright bunch of Springtime tulips, I'm going to try and not forget that.

I'm feeling chirpier now. Thanks!


This post has moved!
You can read an updated and revised version on our new blog.

Click here to read this post in full at it's new home!

16 comments:

  1. Gorgeous pictures!! The colors are beautiful!! How could they not lift your mood?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel happy doing simple little things - working on my blog, crochet or knitting project, stretching, reading a good book, walking with my dog, doing pilates or yoga.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yessss!!! How wise you are! There are so many things you can bring back to your memory to lift your mood... one has to learn to fill in her "files". For me, a little craft, a walk in the outside, a cup of tea in my terrace, a good book... and no doubt, reading your bright blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, your fabulously colorful post definitely made me happier and I'm glad it made you happy too. I'm at the beach and had fun taking photos today.. my last post has some beachy pix too if that would make you smile. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh Matt tulips cheer me up as well they are so jolly! When I'm feeling blue I head outdoors to the sea and walk, walk, walk. Feeling the fresh air on my face never fails to lift my spirits. And you're right sometimes we feel blue for no clear reason................when that happens we just have to let it pass and be kind to ourselves. Glad you feel more cheery those tulips are doing good work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love tulips Matt. such beautiful bright colours. looking forward to your behind scene blog thingy.
    Rosezeeta.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have some bright tulips just sitting by me right now - purple and yellow and red :-) Definitely cheering me up!
    There are just some times when life seems a little darker - but I agree, bright colours really do help - it's why I knit and crochet... working with colour makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  8. sunshine, the beach, a walk in the park, a little yarn work brightens my mood when feeling on the gloomy side. your blog does it as well. i look forward to reading your posts. thanks for brightening my day and i'm glad you're feeling cheerier as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great pictures!And I am glad you are feeling better!AriadnefromGreece!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love tulips a lot and other spring fowers aswell.

    greetings. dinah

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think a lot of us (me for sure) know what you mean with feeling a tad glum these time of year... ;-) Spring will be here soon, keep surrounding yourself with colour until then :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow. Amazin pictures. You're a genious. It's not easy take photos like these, but you've got the flowers look real.

    Sorry if my english is not good.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Matt,

    I would very much miss you if you decided not to blog! You are really a sweet person and so talented! Can't wait to see what your project is that you are keeping a secret! I'm sure it will be fantastic!

    Keep on smelling the tulips...spring is just around the corner, so take heart!

    ReplyDelete
  14. My mind goes to my children, grandchildren and great grandchild when I need to change a bad mood. As far as my happy place as soon as I pick up the crochet hook I relax so much.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for sharing this, Matt. I needed the reminder! I don't normally comment on your blog, but I love reading it often as it makes me happy. Cheers to you, Dennis, & to happiness! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Matt I adore your blog. Thanks for this post which reminds me that within each of us is a spark of spring. I am meditating and knitting my way toward sunnier times.

    ReplyDelete