Tuesday 6 December 2011

Introducing....Dennis!

After months apart Dennis is finally back in Hamburg! WOOOOOOOPWOOOOOOP!! It's so amazing to have him home. I was really missing him a lot!

I took the weekend off from work so we could spend some time together and we have really had a lovely weekend here in Christmassy Hamburg.
We spent our time together talking non stop and catching up on everything that has happened over the past months apart!
We walked around town and ate lots of yummy food from the amazing Christmas markets and both ended up treating ourselves to the new iphone 4S. I was a little unsure of buying a new phone but decided it could be an early Christmas present and I have to be honest......I LOVE IT!


As well as a spot of shopping we had our usual conversations about all of our current projects and 'works in progress'. It turns out we have both been super busy and had lots of projects to share and many ideas to talk about with each other.

Dennis is as 'CRAFTY' as I am. It was actually Dennis that first taught me to crochet, this time last year. He has made so many lovely projects and together we are a bit of a crochet force to be reckoned with;-) Would you like to see some of his creations?




 






How gorgeous are all of these projects! He always inspires me with everything that he makes and it really isn't unusual for him to start a project only for me to follow in suit shortly after.

Dennis also had a blog, but due to working away from home he found it hard to maintain and keep working on.
It really was a shame as Dennis always has wonderful ideas and many lovely things to share. Bearing this in mind I proposed to Dennis that he comes and joins my blog. We spoke about it and decided that nothing would work better than us making a joint effort of "according to Matt'. He could work on it along side me whilst he is home and when he is away at work I will hold down the fort.

For those of you who haven't met Dennis yet, here he is.......


He's going to be a familiar face around here at 'According to Matt'.
So a big welcome to you Dennis! I'm so looking forward to sharing this crafty adventure with you and hope all of our lovely readers are as excited as I am.

There will be lots more coming very soon from the two of us!!!

and (from now on) Dennis xx
This post has moved!
You can read an updated and revised version on our new blog.

Click here to read this post in full at it's new home!

9 comments:

  1. I bet you love your iPhone 4S like I love mine! Great camera in it! That's neat that you two will share a blog.. great idea! I'll keep an eye on your blog to see what you both do in the future.
    ****************************************
    *M*E*R*R*Y* * *C*H*R*I*S*T*M*A*S*!*
    ****************************************
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like fun, I can't wait to read about his adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah welcome lovely Dennis you are a very talented chap as well as lovely Matt.

    I look forward to following you blog even more now such gorgeous work you both do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad Dennis is back and you guys are together again, just in time for the holidays! Looking forward to the new blog concept.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Dennis! You both do such lovely work and have a great eye for colour. Looking forward to hearing more from you both.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fab idea Matt-you'll make a great team!
    Cant wait to see what you come up with;)))
    Im loving his work!
    Best wishes
    Issyx

    http://hookytime.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Denis, looking forward to seeing more of your fabulous work..

    ReplyDelete
  8. dear god he's gorgeous. okay, outburst out of the way.... I found you while google granny squares as I want to make somethings for my new, almost mine, ski house - and then I saw the flowers blanket. How do you make that!? I'm at cailinyates at g mail dot com and I really am hoping you'll send me a link if you have a pattern or a tutorial or anything for those flowers. thanks so much and I'm delighted to have found your blog

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment!