Thursday 23 February 2012

Instagram Addict


Mobile phones are the best. And the fact that they're made for calling goes without saying. But let's focus on the camera aspect. I'm out and about a lot, and of course don't always carry my heavy camera with me. So my phone-camera is the perfect solution, I don't have to miss any beautiful moments! I quickly pop out my phone and take a picture.
In the window of a store in Hamburg
Taking pictures on your phone is fun and all, but there's so much more that you can do with it, right on your phone! I'm especially in LOVE with the Instagram app for iPhone. You can take a normal picture (in square format) and edit it right away.


The idea of the app is that your pictures end up looking really vintage! I've also uploaded a lot of other pictures to my phone to edit them with this app. The results are very interesting!

Oslo Harbor
There are many other apps you can use to edit pictures. In the next picture I went a little crazy with editing. One picture popping out of the other!


Me and my collegues at Geiranger Fjord, Norway

I also love taking pictures of trees! One click in Instagram, and they all look like this:

Trees in Hamburg
And now it gets a little bit crazy! I love Instagram so much, that I've crocheted some Instagram-inspired accessories. I found this tutorial on the blog of Isabelle Kessedjian, for an Instagram iPhone case. Isabelle also has a fantastic photo feed on Instagram! I went ahead and made one right away! It's supposed to resemble the logo that Instagram uses for their app. I think it's a brilliant tutorial and I love the result!

Now I could have stopped after this iPhone case. But I still had some yarn left in the same colors, and went ahead and improvised a needle cushion! Simple rows of single crochet, some stuffing, and VOILA: a needle cushion was born!

It was super easy to make! I had never seen a camera shaped needle cushion before and thought, why not?!

I'm very happy with my new functional and cute 'Insta-Products'. What's next? An Instagram blanket?

Dennis xxx
This post has moved!
You can read an updated and revised version on our new blog.

Click here to read this post in full at it's new home!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment!